PUSH is a world leading sports technology company that builds innovative solutions to help athletes perform at their best. Our technology is intuitive, comprehensive, actionable, and depended on by over 20 professional sports teams and 50+ colleges worldwide as well as hundreds of training facilities and high schools.
As the junior data scientist at PUSH, you will work with the R&D team to develop machine learning algorithms and perform data analytics tasks across different projects. You will use your familiarity with movement analysis methodologies to tailor machine learning solutions that make a difference in both the Sports tech as well as machine learning industry. You will work with the R&D team along with the products development team to implement your solutions for testing and validation as well as to deploy them for production use.
At PUSH, you will:
- Get to solve really really challenging problems for elite athletes and coaches all over the world.
- Work with world-class sports science researchers on not only testing existing hypotheses in the space but developing new paradigms of thinking.
- Work closely with developers who are very passionate about data and analytics.
- Make a real impact at the highest level of sport for athletes and teams across the NFL, NHL, MLB, and NBA.
- Background in Mathematics, Physics, computer science/engineering, or related fields
- Strong Mathematics and Physics background with focus on Algebra and Kinematics/Dynamics analysis
- Strong background in machine learning, data analytics, and statistics
- Experience in machine learning for analytics and prediction
- Strong object-oriented programming skills in C++
- Experience using Python for machine learning
- Experience using GitHub for code management
- Familiar with test-driven agile development
- Developed machine learning models for tangible applications
- Quick learner and self-driven
- Strong communication skills
- Excited about Sports and start-up environment
- Consider yourself active on a weekly basis
Nice to haves:
- Familiar with Google Cloud Platform
- Lifted at least 1 ton (1000 kg) at the gym in the past month (number is cumulative, body weight included)
- Know your way around FIFA 2019